Sweaty Chair Studio
Based in Sydney, Australia
5 Sep, 2019
Apple App Store
Projection: First Light follows the adventures of Greta, a girl living in a mythological shadow puppet world, as she embarks on a journey of self-enlightenment with the assistance of legendary heroes from each culture she explores. Accompanied by atmospheric visuals and an ethereal soundtrack made with antique instruments used for shadow puppet performances, Projection: First Light takes players on an inclusive voyage through the history of shadow puppets as it evolves through Indonesia, China, Turkey, and 19th century England.
Head developer Michael Chu explained his inspiration was from playing with shadows on the wall as a child, and realized there were a lot of ways shadows could be used in game development. After deciding on the shadow puppet style, they researched it by visiting puppeteer Richard Bradshaw, who gave them a tour of his workshop and gave them a demonstration of creating a shadow puppet as a reference for artist Yosha Noesjirwan. Noesjirwan also gained insight for the Indonesian shadow puppets through his parents.
- Manipulate shadows which become solid
- Four different time periods, Indonesia, China, Turkey, Greece, and 19th century England
- Every character is a shadow puppet
- Characters and foreground are black while the background is in sepia, replicating the style of tradition shadow play
There are currently no screenshots available for No Humanity. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie Showcase" PAX Australia, October 2017
- "Finalist" Casual Connect Seattle, Auguest 2017
- "Finalist" Play By Play, April 2017
- "Projection: First Light brings shadow puppet platforming to Apple Arcade"
- Cameron Bald, PocketGamer
About Sweaty Chair Studio
We make mobile games with a focus on real-time interactive 2D/3D graphics, music, storyline and above all, fun.
More information on Sweaty Chair Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
No Humanity Credits
Artist, Programmer, Business
Rey Victorio Sarmiento
Music Composer, Freelancer